Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Trees and Decorations




So this is our first Christmas married. Last Christmas we got our Christmas tree (yes a fake) together- well I bought it and Brad carried it. My mom said she knew he really loved me when he got up at 4:30 the day after Thanksgiving to carry my Christmas Tree. So it's our little joke that our Christmas tree symbolizes our love. This was the first year we decorated it and other parts of our condo with our few Christmas decorations. We had hot chocolate and listened to Christmas music while we decorated. What a fun tradition to start. Our Christmas tree is biased with my ornaments. When I asked Brad about having any he looked at me incredulously and said "Do I look like the kind of guy that would have ornaments." So as another tradition to start this year we will pick out our first ornament together and it will probably be a star for the top of our tree. What fun memories for our first Christmas!

4 comments:

A said...

How fun! and yes if Brad woke up at 4:30 for you thats got to be love! What a fun tradition to have.

The Piepers said...

Mary! I just found your blog after forgetting about it since June. Oops! What a fun adventure you had to DC! You're a great writer and it sounds like you're having fun being married. :) Have a Merry Christmas!

Marci said...

Yes...what great traditions to start for your first Christmas together! I think it's so cute that the tree represents your love for each other! How cute! I think your decorations look great and I can't wait to see them in person!

blair and maisy said...

Aren't the holidays fun? It's been fun seeing you around while we've been up here.