Sunday, September 5, 2010

Happy 80th B-day Grandma


This weekend we celebrated Grandma Hebdon's 80th birthday. She has lived so much life in the past 80 years and is still such a vibrant part of our lives. I almost cried a couple of times during her birthday program when she talked about Grandpa and her eternal love for him. I remember when Grandpa was sick and I was visiting, Grandma gently cared for him at his bedside and as she was getting up he grabbed onto her and gave her the sweetest hug. I remember at that time thinking I wanted to find a love like that someday- and then came my Brad. Other than getting teary eyed it was a lovely evening with so many cousins, aunts, uncles, and good food. Mom, Dad and I spent the better part of the morning making home-made peach ice cream just like Grandma Bradshaw used to do it. We even made Brad some lemon sorbet and mom's house was smelling like a gelateria:)

p.s Thanks Angie for putting all of Grandma's words into a lovely book, it is a treasure.

1 comments:

Kiley said...

It was a wonderful party, wasn't it?