Tuesday, March 25, 2008

The Proposal

The Proposal like most proprosals now a-days occurred over a couple of weeks. After we had a vague conversation about our level of commitment the first proposal occurred a few weeks later when the power was out all!! saturday night and we were entertaining ourselves by playing Mad Libs-Politics version and then a silly question back and forth type of game. Brad all of a sudden got a serious look on his face and asked if he could ask a more serious question. I said "sure" and then he said, "Do you want to get married." I believe my response was sitting straight up saying something on the lines of "You just don't spring that kind of a thing on a person!" I was in a phrase freaked out. He was too after my response. I suppose seeing his reaction is what helped calm me down. We went ring shopping together the next weekend, picked out the perfect ring and just had to wait for some customizing. Proposal number two-with the ring- occurred 12:00 AM at the....... Salt Lake City Airport after I got back from my Orlando spring break vacation. He opened my car door and with the utmost smoothness grabbed some flowers on the seat, popped the question and slid the ring on my finger. I was so pleased with my ring I just hugged and kissed him and forgot to answer. About 30 minutes later he reminded me I had not given him an answer. I laughed and said Yes.

8 comments:

Kendra said...

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......

Jen said...

Congrats! You guys are too cute!

The Beus Family said...

Mary I am So happy for you! Brad Be careful with her She Has the Best Heart of anyone I know, If you Break it, your dead meat! But Together I wish you too The best. Married life is great! In the words of Dirks Bently "When you Find the one you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want to start the rest of your life, soon as you can! Love ya, Rozzie,Travis & Lane

Lynn said...

Congrats, I just got word! Brad, here's a premature "welcome to the fam" from the crazy extended Jefferson family!

Matt and Leticia said...

Wahoo! Congratulations Mary and Brad! We are super excited for you! Lets see a picture of this ring that kept you from answering the big question. When is the big day and where will it take place?

{owens} said...

Congrats Mary. This is Ashley Christensen (Owens now) and you're in my dad's singles ward. I'm so glad you found your one and only. Marriage is the best thing in the whole world. I've been married for over 4 years now and every day still gets better! See ya around.

Nate and Marie Johnson said...

Mary! Congratulations! How exciting! Marriage is the best!

blair and maisy said...

Well, that proposal still beats Blair's proposal to me at Arbys. You guys are such a cute couple. Congrats!