Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Superhero moms


We had a fun visit from my good friend Rozzie and her two little boys. I realized a few things while we adjusted our adult lifestyle about the superhero job and experience it is to be a mother.
Lesson 1
Rozzie and I went to dinner with our other friend from college and during this Sizzler outing I learned that mom's with kids under 2 don't get to eat warm food.
Lesson 2
After an outing with mom to Red Butte gardens and trying to hold a baby and steer a stroller I learned moms have to be super strong to go anywhere alone with 2 kids.
Lesson 3
We made brownies for a family shower and I learned if you ask a 2 year old to put chocolate bars on top don't be surprised if some end up in his mouth.
Lesson 4
Kids are fascinated with musical instruments, and Brad looked cuter than ever playing the guitar for these little boys.
Lesson 5
When you lay out a fun blanket, get in your PJs and pop some popcorn a regular movie then becomes a Party.
Lesson 6
Everyday bugs can be very interesting.
Lesson7
There is nothing quite like rocking a baby to sleep.
Lesson 8
When you come home from work and you don't here "hiiiiiiiiMawy" or "hiiiiBwad" followed by a running hug you miss it.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Aren't kids GREAT! I got your message about wanting to get together...but I've lost your email. COuld you email me and we'll plan a time for you and Brad to meet Rylee! Did you see the blog I posted with ehr in your cute dress about 1 1/2 months ago? She looked CUTE!!!

Kiley said...

Oh, yes. I love having kids around, too! They are wonderful - definitely worth every inconvenience!

The Beus Family said...

Thank you what a cute post. Though I am not sure what the adopt a pet button is for. My kids are not up for adoption, but we could use a babysitter. Lane keeps asking to go to mary's house so don't be suprized if he shows up on a bus one day!!! Thanks for the fun trip and making your house a party!

Marci said...

Mary-That is so cute! It looks like you had a great time. Kiddos are very precious...I just love my nephew so much...kids bring so much joy into your life. I do agree with you though...being a mom is a superhero job. Just watching my sister run around all day makes me tired! :) Love you Mar!