Sunday, July 25, 2010

Pioneer Day 2010

Since we have not been in Utah the past couple of summers we wanted to do Pioneer Day right this year with the parade, games, festivals, parking fiascos, lazying around, swimming, barbecues, fireworks and all. We started the day getting up early to get a good spot for the parade. Luckily our Ashcraft cousins had gotten up even earlier and secured a prime location for the parade in the shade. Thank you! We had fun playing games with them until the parade started and the rest of the group showed up.
This was mine and Brad's 1st parade experience since we have been married. I liked the marching bands and he liked the shade and the antique cars. We both were a little tired by the end because of getting up early but it was a fun time.
After the parade we went with mom to Liberty park for the Native American festival where we really just went for the food- mmm delicious Navajo Taco's then after some down time at home we went to the Annual Hebdon 24th of July party (normally in the canyon, but this time at Uncle Bruce's). Brad played full contact water basketball, while I sat in the shade holding cute baby Claire and visiting. After a delicious dinner and more visiting we went with mom and dad to see the Liberty Park fireworks.

The best thing about living in Utah is having two 4th of July like holidays in a month. I missed this!

2 comments:

Kiley said...

What a good day! You forgot the part about visiting with me in the shade at the Hebdon's . . . :)

Marci said...

Fun Mary! It sounds like quite an eventful and fun 24th of July! I am proud of you for getting up early to see the parade...I don't think I have ever done that in my entire life! I am looking forward to seeing you at Lisa's wedding!