Sunday, January 23, 2011

Millionare Dinner




This year for Christmas Dad gave all of the kids a gift certificate to Outback Steakhouse. We doubled with Angie and Ryan and had a ritzy night out with appetizers and smoothies and whatever looked good to us on the menu. Because we are not millionares our dining experiences are usually not this way. Thanks dad, it was a great night and we had a grand time.

The next day I attempted another apple pie and worried about it the whole time! I even called mom Dennis to make sure my crust edges wouldn't burn. I was delighted when it came out looking like this and even more delighted when it tasted delicious. I'm still going to practice the art of pie making this year until I feel absolutely confident in my pie making abilities. (Brad is thrilled that I have taken up perfecting my baking abilities!)

2 comments:

Kiley said...

What a perfect pie! Way to go!

Marci said...

Sounds like a nice dinner...and what a beautiful pie! :) You will have to practice another one next time I visit! :)