Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Annual Jefferson Service Project

This year instead of doing our family service project during the Christmas season where everyone has crazy schedules and too much going on, we decided to do it in the less chaotic springtime. We cut strips into I don't know how many fleece blankets for an elementary school I work at to do a service project later in the year. The kids will tie the fleece blankets and then donate them to a homeless shelter for families. We enjoyed the sunshine to spread out and had some yummy wheat waffles afterwards.







The sun also came out for us to enjoy the Living Traditions Festival. We were so excited to find the secret ingredient in the Thai Curry we love so much. We waited all year for that!

3 comments:

Kiley said...

Sounds like fun - what a great idea!

I had a dream about you last night - that we went to Hawaii together. Maybe we should sometime . . . :)!

Marci said...

How great to have a family service project! :) I think that is a great idea! I need to start that with my family!
Love you Mary! We need to do something this summer. I'll give you a call soon!

The Beus Family said...

You family is awesome & I miss you!