Friday, October 10, 2008

Oly Homecoming


Earlier this evening Brad and I returned to high school years. Our ward had a tailgate party and it just so happened right after was the homecoming game at Olympus High. So I dragged Brad and for the first time since 2001 I returned to a sports event at Olympus. We decided high school sport events can be much more entertaining than college due to the more unsportsmanlike conduct of player and spectator. We sat with the families and moms and dads sure get into there kids games. I think the family section cheered more than the students. I was fascinated observing the social adolescent zoo (it's hard to believe I was a part of that not too long ago). It's amazing what a couple years in college and grad school can do for your perspective on high school. It was also freezing cold and after the game was complete the students rushed the field BEFORE the game was over. Oops. Brad and I couldn't stop the laughter. What a night!

1 comments:

Marci said...

Oh....High school fun....I'm with you...I look back on high school and am happy that I am no longer there! A few years really does give you great perspective! It sounds like a fun night for you and Brad and I'm glad you had a good time! :)