Saturday, October 25, 2008

Going South


For fall break we worked really hard and got a lot of stuff done Thursday and Friday and then we took our vacation on Saturday. We left 8AM and headed to Manti. We barely made the 11:30 session. And both of our phones thought Manti was a different time zone so we were very confused and thought it was daylight savings time. Weird. The temple was beautiful! We went to lunch in Manti where they had the best Motzarella sticks I've ever had. Mmmm. And we got some candy at the cute candy shop on Main. After lunch and dessert we headed to a little town called Salina to see Grandpa Dennis and Aunt Rochelle. Grandpa Dennis told us story after story from his 95 years of life. He seemed to me like quite the rogue when he was young. Aunt Rochelle loved her surprise visit and had cookies all ready for us. We met up with some friends in Springville for dinner and stopped by Mom and Dad Dennis's for apple pie and rolls to take home. What a busy but fun day!

6 comments:

Staci said...

Mar-Head,
I am so glad you have a blog. I love to keep up with people this way. I too have a blog you should check it out. stacethespace.blogspot.com
So I have some very great news for you, I'm getting married! Yipee! I'm so excited.

Angela said...

sounds like you had a nice weekend with your hubby! You guys should take another south vacation.... more south, like florida south lol. Need to meet this hubby of yours! Miss you!

paxtonfam said...

That's neat to get out of town. I need/wish to do that more often.

Kiley said...

That sounds like a fast and furious vacation - definitely fun!

Marci said...

What a wonderful and fun mini vacation! Isn't it great seeing family and friends! I'm glad you guys had a great time!

blair and maisy said...

Isn't the Manti temple pretty? That sounds like a fun little trip.