Sunday, October 5, 2008

Active versus Content


One of my favorite things about our DC vacation was all of our active routines. Running, Biking, Hiking, Walks, and just working out. I feel my very best when I am Active. It brings me back to my years in ballet when I was in tip top condition and felt I could conquer anything. When we returned to Utah and thus reality I vowed I would not fall back into my content routine of laziness, but alas life overcame me and I returned to bad habits. The other day I was driving somewhere doing another errand and I saw a lady out jogging pushing her baby in a stroller. She was probably in her mid 30s and at least had one baby. I was inspired by her effort to be active, though she could easily find other things needing to be done. I was reminded of a quote "We are the architects of our lives." And so I am making the goal of doing something Active (despite the business of life) at least 3 times a week. As long as I can I want to be an Active woman and I will start now.

2 comments:

Marci said...

I think that is a great goal Mary! I sometimes get in the same rut of the "content" routine...but then I have to remind myself how I feel so much better when I put a little effort into working out every day! I'm proud of your goal...and I really liked the quote you used! Love you Mar!

Kiley said...

What a good goal! Good luck!