Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I have a new favorite musical. In my weekly venture to the library I thought of asking if they have any piano music. They did and I got The Best of Broadway. Lately I go through spurts of playing the piano and singing all the time and then rarely at all. Well when I found music I was interested in I hit the other end of my spurt. I was playing some of the music when I found a selection of music from Jekyll & Hyde. Everyone knows "This is The Moment" from the musical but there is so much moving music in this show. Most of the songs are written for a mezzo soprano which is my current voice range. I got Brad to sing "This is the Moment" and after I convinced him not use his pop voice (my choir teacher is still influencing me) he sounded amazing. I just love music that gives you tingles.

4 comments:

Angela said...

I know! I love Jekyll & Hyde and the songs are so wonderfully creepy I love it. They also have a staged video of the musical but its with David Hasselhof...which is not so good lol.

Kiley said...

I don't know that music . . . but I've heard music before that makes me tingle - I love that feeling!

Marci said...

I guess I'm not "everybody" because I don't know "This is the Moment"....I think I need you to culture me! :)
I'm glad you are enjoying your music...I've always wanted to be musical!

A said...

Love Jekyll & Hyde, Ryan sang the confrontation once and it was Incredible! Glad you are enjoying it.