Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A free moment

Well blog access is quite limited now that I am working for granite district and unlike jordan they block gmail, blogspot and sites like that. I also don't know what to write about now that I'm back in the day to day life. We had amazing steak last night. It was Brad's first time grilling steaks and we used a marinade recipe from Mom Dennis. Yum, we both thought mmmmm restaurant quality. So I am wanting to take a poll. Do you (whoever reads this) have difficulty waking up in the morning- especially in the winter months? I am conducting a personal research study to find better ways to rise and shine. I consider myself a morning person once I am up and showered but it is the getting up that is difficult. Just 10 more minutes mentality aided by the snooze button is difficult to resist. But 10 minutes late in the morning sets back my whole day. Does anyone else have this problem and what do suggest for intervention.

4 comments:

Kiley said...

No suggestions, but a little commiseration. I have a hard time rising in the winter mornings too! I'm pretty sure it's the lack of morning light and warmth. So, perhaps if those two things could be remedied . . .

Marci said...

Mar-
I do have the same problem. I always want to get just a little more sleep, even though the night before I have all sorts of great ambitions to get up and exercise and start the day off right. I know that I have the easiest time getting up when I go to bed early and get at least the 8 hours....9 is even better for me! :) That's my only advise...I just don't live by it myself! :)

Jenn said...

I feel your pain. I would share my feelings about it, but it might only depress you. If you come across any amazing solutions, please pass them on... Good luck!

paxtonfam said...

I find myself in the same boat as you. Always wanting to hit the snooze button, and doing just that. The one time last year when I did a great job waking up was when I had a walking buddy. We met every morning at 6 am at her house and went for a 30 min. walk. So if you get a buddy to meet, then you will definitely commit to getting out of bed. Too bad we don't live closer: we could be walking buddies!