Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Home at Last

Brad got home Saturday evening. Yeah! We both felt like 2 weeks was a whole lot longer than we thought. Sunday we went to our home ward (in Utah) for the 1st time. They were so welcoming, and randomly our homeward was the same home ward Lil Josh and the Ashcraft's were at to see their friend's mission talk. Small World. I don't know if it was sympathetic jet lag or I haven't been to a whole block of afternoon church for a while, but Brad and I were both struggling to stay awake in Sacrament meeting. Sunday night we celebrated Jon's birthday with great food and a whole lot of The Great Dalmuti. Brad made Dalmuti into a verb and we both got really into this 1 1/2 hour game. I think the family was a little surprised with our competitiveness with eachother. We can get a little intense:) I love that monday was a holiday because we spent the whole day together. Brad and Dad built a bookshelf and now we have an office because all of his books are off the floor. Hurray! Then we celebrated and did lunch and a movie. The Dark Night was a bit crazy scary for me but Brad liked the plot. We finished the day off with grilled cheese and Seinfeld. Now it is back to normal. It's amazing the things that you miss when your love is absent for two weeks. I feel so blessed to have him in my life. He makes me laugh. He makes me think. He inspires me to be great and he shows me how to love. I love this cute boy.

3 comments:

Marci said...

Mary-
I am so glad that Brad is back too! I know how much you love to have him around! It makes you realize all the more what you have...when you don't have it for awhile! I'm glad you guys got to spend all Monday together! I love you Mar and hope all is well! :)

A said...

Yay!

Kiley said...

I'm so glad he's back! Hooray for you! And, what a lovely day!