Friday, September 26, 2008

1st Date Anniverasary


So I have the day off thanks to Parent Teacher Conferences and I thought I would report about our first ever anniversary. On Sep. 15th 2007 Brad asked me out on our 1st ever date. At the time I was annoyed with dating (after a really bad date previously in the week) and was set on taking a break from dating after this date with this kid Brad who moved into my ward. Well I ended up having the best first date in my life. He took me to the Krishna Temple Festival of India in Spanish Fork. It was so much fun and started our love story. So this year after being married almost 4 months on Sep 13 we ventured out to the same festival and re-lived our first date. A few slight changes occured. For some reason unknown to me but to Brad's delight I now like curry. Last year I did not. And during the production there was more "physical contact" last year there was only "leaning":) Our friends from DC met up with us and we had a great time. We decided we will always celebrate the anniversary of our first date this same way (well as long as we are in utah). So if you want to have a new cultural experience and some yummy curry set your calendar next year for the middle of september. Oh and did I mention the shopping! I got this beautiful salmon colored shawl handmade in India for not much money at all.

3 comments:

Heather said...

HOW FUN!!!! It's fun to see you off and enjoying your new marriage. We'd love to get together sometime...now that you're both here for a little while, right?

Lynn said...

Congrats on the anniversary! I wish I had visited that temple when I lived in Provo, I've heard a lot about it since moving away. Janson and I celebrated our engagement anniversary on Sept 13th.

Marci said...

That's a cute idea to go on the same first date with your first date anniversary! Happy first date a year ago! :)