Friday, June 12, 2009

A Summer Adventure...


The past 3 months have zoomed by and here we are no longer newly weds but going on our second year of marriage. What an adventure is has been and continues to be. In March we doubled with my parents at the Gold and Green Ball (any chance to dance is worth it). My parents danced circles around us. I told Brad we need some practice since the was the first time dancing since our wedding! We had a blast dancing the night away to 80s music.
In April we enjoyed the rain and Brad worked hard studying for his Comprehensive Exams (12 hours of writing and then oraly defending his resonses in front of a group of Professors) In May we celebrated Brad's 29th birthday, the passing of his Comprehensive exams, and...

then our 1st Anniversary May 27 2009
which we will really CELEBRATE this summer in...

Istanbul (mainly for dissertation research) and then...
10 days in ITALY!!!!!
What an amazing husband I have to make one of my childhood dreams come true.
We fly out June 16th and I get back Aug 11th just in time for work on the 12th.
Arrivaderci Utah, Hello Europe!

6 comments:

Marci said...

Wow Mar...looks like you are going to be busy! Congrats on celebrating one year of marriage! :) I will miss you while you are gone...so make sure to update your blog with all your adventures! Hey, did I tell you that I got the job in Washington County School District?...I start August 12th too! :) Love ya and talk to you soon!

blair and maisy said...

Wow!!! What an amazing summer you two will have.

Kiley said...

Have fun! I'm so jealous about the whole Italy thing! I hope you take a whole lot of pictures and write a lot about it! We'll miss you, but we'll be happy to see you when you get back!

A said...

Congrats Mar! So very very excited for you and incredibly jealous! Hope its awesome, and I'll see you at the end of August. Looking forward to your blog updates during your adventure!

Heather said...

Have soooo much fun and enjoy being able to travel the world! We can't wait until your back to play with again....BUT enjoy it while you can!

Jen said...

Lucky girl! What an exciting summer!