Wednesday, June 24, 2009

If I were a rich man...

It's hard not to want to have a lot of frivolous money and spend that money shopping after a few hours cruising Istiklal Caddesi (Brad luckily stayed home to work on his paper for Friday's conference). Yet with the up bring Brad and I have been blessed with the realization of need vs. want runs through my head thankfully settling my shopaholic impulses and grounding me to our budget. Regardless I do enjoy window shopping especially when it comes to shoes. I'm debating between these in particular- I need some black dress sandals that I can wear to work so no stilletos. My others just broke after a good ten years of wear so I guess that abides with moms phrase drilled in my head "use it up, wear it out, fix it up, or do without." Angie also requested pictures of the shops. My favorites were two I've never heard of before Coquet (a darling 2 story accessory shop and Mango. They may be in the states but I don't go to the mall to much so they were new to me. What shoes do you vote for?

3 comments:

A said...

First of all, Ryan and I have discussed and he thinks I'm right, Mavi's are a need not a want...once you wear them you just can't go back. I have one last pair of mavi's that are hanging on by threads, they have a gaping knee hole...its sad and I NEED to replace them.

Second of all, the shoes were divine, and people really do wear the squishy looking ones...we don't ask. I liked the slingbacks best, so this is me voting for them.

Third of all, were all of those desserts for real? While I love clothes, I'd pinch pennies just to try all the desserts in that picture.

Fourth of all, I didn't see any gladiator sandles in the pics are those coming later?

Fifth of all, I miss you and I'm glad you are having such a great time.

Marci said...

Mary, it sounds like you are having a fantastic time! Thanks for putting all your stories and pictures on your blog...I feel like I am having a little trip myself!
I don't know about the shoes...but I love the thing you bought for your hair! Absolutely beautiful!

Lynn said...

I will always vote for flats, but then again, you have a tall husband. ;) But if they're for work, how often will you be standing next to him while working? Luckily, both Janson and I fully agree that our one luxury right now in our broke lifestyle is: SHOES. Haha, we don't buy lots, but we're willing to pay more for the good quality. Good luck!