Sunday, August 17, 2008

Back to Reality

Wow what a busy week. We left Virginia last friday and drove all day to Wisconsin where we stayed and spent the next day with Wisconsin family. Then we left Sunday morning at 5 am and drove to Rock Springs WY. We got there about 10:00, and finally found my friends address around 10:30. I think in that last 30 minutes everything Brad did or said annoyed me- probably likewise. But alas, we found our haven and ditched living in our car for the next 12 hours. We got home on monday and found a few surprises at home. A dozen bees and hornets and a black widows web on our patio. Ahhhhh! After discovering the black widows web. I screamed "I'm not ready for home owership!" and was ready to hide in the house, but Brad looked up online how to rid yourself of these infestations and boiled some water which we through on the black widows nest. I got some Bee, Hornet, and Wasp killer at the store and we went Kamikazi (I'm not sure how you spell that) and started spraying the bees and in so doing killed some of the flowers they were around, oh well- the bees died:) I destroyed a hornets nest he was making and we made a mountain dew bee trap we found online. I realized from this venture that I am way above these stinging, poisonous insects on the food chain for a reason and I want them to know that. I also started my job in Granite District this week and am very pleased with the situation. 15-20 min commute rather that 40-45! Sadly Brad left on saturday to go to Turkey for 2 weeks and I started missing him the second he left. It really is a great opportunity for him and 2 weeks isn' t that long right? It sure gives me great admiration and appreciation for women who send their husbands to war. I can't imagine that. What a sacrifice they make. Well back to reality- work, home ownership woes:), and an absent husband.

3 comments:

Jen said...

My hubby usually works in the evenings, so we will have to go hang out sometime while Brad is gone! I want to see your place and catch up!

Kiley said...

Good luck! Keep your chin up - he'll be home soon (but I'm sorry he had to leave you!).

Marci said...

Mary-
Way to get rid of the annoying insects and spiders! That's aweful! You show them that you are the boss! :) I"m glad that you're liking Granite and I can't wait to see you this weekend! :)