Monday, July 21, 2008

DC Temple, Iwo Jima, & Georgetown




We had another busy weekend with a few tourist attractions. Saturday we went to the DC Temple. It was just beautiful. It was our first time at the temple since our wedding. I can't believe we are nearing two months. Time certainly flies. Inside the DC temple is an incredible mural I could just look at for hours. It has left a lasting impression on me- as art often can do. Sunday we visited the Iwo Jima memorial, again very impressive and touching. I didn't realize it would be so huge but it really does justice to the famous photograph and what it represents. Then we drove over to Geogetown and Brad showed me around the campus. I think it was one of the hottest days plus humidity in DC and so we just walked around a bit and then came home to an air conditioned apartment- ah the blessings of modern living.

2 comments:

Jamie and Tom said...

Hey! I love reading your adventure stories! You are so brave to just go out on your own while Brad is working! We got your thank you card today. They are way cute!! Anyways, we can't wait to see you guys again. Brad and I need to hang out while you hebdons do your crazy thing haha I'm still adjusting as I'm sure he is! It is super fun though! By the way, I'm super jealous you got to go to the DC Temple! That is one that I've always wanted to go to.. I've never been to the east coast though, but I'm determined to make it happen someday! enjoy it while you are there!

blair and maisy said...

The DC temple looks so incredible! I want to see it one day.