Friday, July 11, 2008

Mr. Dennis


So it just occurred to me this Blog is mostly about my adventures in DC while Brad is working on his Internship. So this post is dedicated to him and his exciting day to day life. As mentioned before he likes to get to work early. He walks- just a short 8 minute walk, and in order to get into his building he places his hand on this screen-just like in the movies. What he does all day is somewhat classified but it is basically reading the news all over the internet (in persian and arabic) and writing short summaries for the governents own Wickapedia type search engine. It is also like a specialized Think Tank type of position because he is on teams with other people working on specific projects. He seems to really enjoy his work though sometimes he is a bit discouraged in his Persian compared to native Persian speakers he works with. So in his spare time he studies his Persian, sometimes he asks me to quiz him and that is quite entertaining with my Persian pronunciation. He also plays with his new favorite toy- his Push Up bars (see photo). Then of course I keep him entertained with tourist attractions and social engagements.

4 comments:

A said...

Sounds fun, and busy. Kudos on the push up bars, I keep seeing them pop up in random places. Alas, still I cannot do a pushup, so I applaud those who can.

Erica said...

Hi Mary :o) Looks like you guys are having a fun time back east! Thanks for commenting on my blog - it was nice to hear from you!

blair and maisy said...

Brad's job sounds awesome. I've never known anyone that had a real "classified" job that required a hand scan for admittance to the building. That is too cool.

Marci said...

OO7 Brad...wow, your jobs sounds amazing! That's pretty neat that you have to have your hand print to get into your building! :)
I wish I had an important job like that! :)