Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Solo Tourist





So because a small town gets small after awhile and Brad is at work all day, I have become a solo tourist. Solo tourism has many advantages over group tourism. I will name just a few 1- I can take my time looking at all of the pictures in the Gallery of Art without my husband getting bored, especially in the modern art section. 2- I can skip things that don't interest me. 3- I can stop for breaks and have 2 hour phone conversations about my friends boy dramas...once again my husband would get bored. 3- There is something amazing about discovering a huge city by yourself, riding the metro, getting off on the right stop, and finding your way back home. I have to thank Mom and Dad Dennis for letting us borrow their GPS system. Priceless in DC areas. I am beginning to explore the national mall and have started out with the National Gallery of Art where I had lunch with my friend an employee who got us into this fancy restaurant on the roof. It was beautiful, it overlooked the Mall and the Capital building and thankfully was a breezy day:) I also started to explore the statues around the ground and lastly the National Air & Space Museum.

1 comments:

blair and maisy said...

It sounds like there are some advantages to doing it solo!