Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Life in a Small Southern Town

So Brad and I are situated in a town just outside of DC called Herndon, Virginia. It is a small town in the midst of larger cities. The best way to describe it requires the reader to be Gilmore Girls literate. It is the Stars Hollow of Virginia- for those not GG literate readers it is a quaint small southern town with a historical feel about it. A day in our life in Herndon is as followed:

5:30- Alarm goes off Brad presses snooze until about 6- I still sleep
Between 6:30-7:00- Brad leaves for work (a short 8 min walk)- I still sleep
7:30- I awake (I justify myself sleeping in a bit because it's still 5:30 Utah time) and get ready for the day.
8:30- I walk a couple blocks into town where I begin my vacation. The first couple of days I explored the whole town. Now sometimes I go shopping, sit in the perfect reading bench by the trolley and read. Thursdays the town has Farmers Market and they also open their charity thrift store. Somedays I explore the latest in the library, and lately I've chatted with the town locals.
12:00- It get hots and I decide to walk home and have lunch
12:30- Read some more
1:00- Lately I have resorted to preschool days and have a bit of a nap
1:30- I run errands, update the blog, entertain myself
4;00-5:00ish Brad comes home and we make dinner. Most the time in the evening the town has stuff going on like free pool and a movie, concerts, and dances. We try to enjoy a lot of these.
9:00ish- We go running, biking, and do some working out and then it's time for bed.


Thus is a day in our life in Herndon the Stars Hollow of Virginia. Very layed back-sit on a rocking chair on your porch sipping lemonade type of atmosphere.

4 comments:

Kiley said...

What a fun summer vacation (for you)!

Marci said...

I need to visit you! I would love to see the GG of Virginia! :) Speaking of Gilmore Girls...I haven't watched it for awhile...I would really enjoy spending time to watch an episode!
It sounds like life is fun and relaxing for ya! I'm glad!

Shan said...

Sounds wonderful, Mar!

Jen said...

you're seriously in herndon??? have you talked to sean about that?! you know that is where he is from right? well, i hope you are having such an incredible time out there!!!!